1. How many sheet masks do you receive in one pack?
You will receive a big pack of 5 sheet masks!
2. When in my skincare routine should I use the sheet mask?
Use your sheet mask on cleansed skin after using your toner. After usage, pat the excess serum left on your skin. Afterwards, apply the rest of your skincare routine such as serum and moisturizer.
3. I usually use the normal skin series, can I not use the oily/combination skin sheet mask then?
Yes you can! We’ve divided the skin series into skin types to make it easier for you to find your routine, but you can of course mix to get your perfect match.
When choosing a sheet mask the most important aspect is the active ingredients of the product. We therefore recommend you to look at the different sheet masks and see which mask has the ingredients that suits your skin. Several of the sheet masks could work for your skin type!
4. How long should I leave a sheet mask on?
We recommend you to leave the sheet mask on your skin for 20 minutes to achieve the best results.
5. Should I wash my face after use?
Since a sheet mask contains a lot of serum with active ingredients that is good for your skin you can instead pat the serum into your skin after removing the sheet mask. Then you get the most out of the use!
6. How do I know which skin type series I should use?
For the sheet masks we will launch three different masks for three different skin types, oily/combination skin, dry/sensitive skin and normal skin. If you have an oily skin in some areas, for example your T-zone, and dry skin in other areas you most certainly have an oily/combination skin. If your skin easily receives redness, blemishes or has dry areas you most likely have dry/sensitive skin. Or if you feel that your skin maintains a good balance, you probably have normal skin.
7. If I use one skin series of your cleanser, toner and moisturizer, is it certain that my skin would work with the matching sheet mask?
It can never be certain since it depends on what active ingredients work with your skin. But all our skincare is gentle on your skin so we recommend you to start with the sheet mask that matches your skin type.
8. How are sheet masks different from regular face masks?
Sometimes the term sheet mask and face mask are used similarly; however, each carries its own perks that set them apart from each other. A sheet mask is a thin, pre-cut mask that is soaked in serum, then simply applied on your face. A face mask is usually applied as a thicker layer lotion onto the skin directly.
9. How often can you use the sheet masks?
We recommend you to use your sheet masks 2-3 times a week.
10. What should I do before applying a sheet mask?
Before applying your sheet mask you should cleanse your skin and apply a toner. The toner will soak your skin making it easier for the skin to absorb the serum from the sheet mask.
11. Can I use a serum after the sheet mask?
Yes, you absolutely can! They complement each other.
12. Can I leave the sheet mask on overnight?
Do not leave a sheet mask on overnight! Sheet masking should be kept between 15-25 minutes and should not exceed 30 minutes. Leaving sheet masks on until they dry will actually cause a reversal effect because the sheet will begin to reabsorb the moisture from the skin.
13. Can a sheet mask be reused?
Something you should not do is reuse the same sheet mask. Yes, there's usually a ton of excess serum at the bottom of sheet-mask packets, but the last thing you want to do is reintroduce the dirt and bacteria from your face by re-soaking and reusing the same mask.
14. Should I massage the skin when using a sheet mask?
Massaging your skin while using a sheet mask will help depuff your face and boost circulation, all while massaging the ingredients from the mask into your skin.
15. Can I keep my sheet masks in the fridge?
The sheet masks work perfectly to keep in room temperature and out of direct sunlight. But if you like to receive that extra cooling effect you can store them in your fridge.
16. Are your sheet masks vegan?
Yes! All products are vegan.
17. Are your sheet masks tested on animals?
No, animal testing is illegal in th EU and we’re stongly against any type of harm against animals.
18. Have your sheet masks been tested by a dermatologist?
Yes, all our sheet masks are dermatologically tested.
19. Are your sheet masks clean?
At its core, clean beauty means that you can use a product without risking your own health. The ingredients list must contain only safe, clean ingredients. All ingredients in CAIA Skin are safe to use and therefore clean.
20. What is the difference between a sheet mask and a serum?
A sheet mask contains a high concentrated serum. Thanks to the sheet, the concentrated serum is enclosed which makes it easier for your skin to absorb more of the serum. You could either apply the sheet mask directly after the toner or add your favourite serum before as well to increase the boost.